Data, which we want to enter for each field test and later print in output protocols are defined in the dialog window "Edit of template".
All data from the template is displayed on the left part of the dialog window:
- fixed - can be edited, but cannot be deleted (displayed with square, defined by program authors)
- user-defined - can be edited and also deleted (displayed with the empty circle, defined by users)
Data types in the template
Data types have assigned special symbols (lock, house, globe). They are described in the engineering manual No. 44 - "Creation of User-defined Template" in detail.
We can add a new "New data type" (using the "Add" button) for the current template. First, it is necessary to select a source of data - we can use:
- Global data type - data types used in predefined templates as a part of "Stratigraphy" program
- Existing user data type - data types used in user-defined templates
- New user data type - it is possible to define a user-defined data type
It is always useful to use already defined data types. For example, if you define a new template and want to add a "Drill machine" data, it's always better to find data in the global library - in this case, the "Drilling equipment". We can edit the description when creating a template - but the relevant data (here the name of drill machine) contained in other templates or imported from different already defined formats will be automatically loaded into this data type.
Selection of data type
It is possible to define data of different types:
- date, time
- number - it is possible to define units which are converted automatically when changing system of units
- tables - general or specific with compulsory depth, thickness of layer or depth interface (from-to) input
- group - creates a tab with data input in the group
These optional input data are entered while entering field tests in the "Field tests" frame. Global (default) data types can be edited (e.g. name, units or indications), but it is not possible to change a type (e.g. from text to table). If any type is missing, it is possible to add it from the predefined or user database. If the required type is not in the database, it is possible to create it. Newly created type is automatically saved into the user database.
For better clarity, it is possible to sort data types into groups (by the creation of new data type "Group"), which determines tabs in field tests entering.
Using of editing groups in "Field Tests" frame